The Enlight Strategic Initiative Grant is for organizations with a strong track record of empowering youth as changemakers, and that are ready to launch a mission-critical initiative that prepares them for scale.
All Strategic Initiative grantees receive strategic consulting, funding, a supportive and nurturing community, and access to an online youth engagement platform—all to help create the optimal conditions for success.
- CONSULTING: We support the identification and action plan of a mission critical initiative. We support our grantees along the way: connecting them to likely partners and resources.
- FUNDING: Up to $100,000 for implementing a mission critical action plan spread over two years. Two to four grantees/year.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING: From online webinars to in-person gatherings, we integrate grantees into a vibrant community of organizations empowering youth as changemakers.
Essential to the community-building process is the annual Enlight Collaborative Gathering: an all-expenses-paid, two-day immersive program for all Enlight grantees.* The purpose is to build community, deepen our individual and collective commitment to our work, facilitate knowledge sharing, and promote collaboration.
Grantees also have the option of requesting a half-day workshop for their team called "Difficult Conversations: The art and science of thinking together." The objectives of the workshop are to develop critical communication skills that allow us to build relationship and effectively collaborate across our differences. For organizations interested in the workshop, travel and related expenses for the workshop facilitator are also covered.
*Attendance limited to one senior staff member per organization.
- CREW PLATFORM: Access the Crew online platform if beneficial to your project.
Strategic Initiative grants are available for organizations that:
- Focus specifically on youth engagement.
- Have a strong track record of empowering youth as changemakers.
- Are ready to launch a mission-critical initiative that prepares them for scale.
- Have a spirit of collaboration.
STAGE 1. APPLY!
Applications are due January 15, 2018
STAGE 2. INTERVIEWS
In-depth interviews will conclude January 26, 2018
Will be announced February 1, 2018